- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How I Met Your Mother viewers got to see Robin Sparkles in grunge mode Monday night.
In the HIMYM episode, MuchMusic’s Underneath the Tunes (a Canadian Behind the Music-type show) takes a look at how pop princess Robin Sparkles (Cobie Smulders) became grunge/goth girl Robin Daggers. Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek, k.d. lang and Paul Shaffer, among others, pop up to talk about her transformation, which, it is revealed, effectively put an end to her career.
Along with the revelation, a fourth video is unearthed by the gang that features Robin in dark flannel, cutoff jeans, black tights and boots along with heavy eyeliner.
The song, “P.S. I Love You,” in the vein of Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know,” which has been rumored to be about Dave Coulier — who, incidentally, also made an appearance on Monday’s HIMYM to insist that Robin’s song is not about him.
Among the lyrics: “I never move on and it’ll always be you/Every guy that I’m with I’ll be thinking of you/If I ever get married he’ll always be second to you/Oh I’ll always be waiting for you.”
She later sings: “The law can’t stop my love/I’ll fit you like a glove/Restraining orders don’t scare me.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day