- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMC has found its Paul Revere.
The network’s We Hate Paul Revere pilot, its potential foray into scripted comedy, has cast Ron Livingston in the title role. Perhaps best known for his work in comedic films Office Space and Swingers, Livingston most recently enjoyed a TV stint on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire.
We Hate Paul Revere, ordered to pilot back in March, is set to film in Los Angeles this summer. A twist on the period piece, it tells the story of brothers Hugh and Ebenezer Moody — both forced to strive for recognition in Colonial Boston among the bigger stars of history, including Paul Revere, the folk hero and subject of poetry for his midnight ride alerting Colonial military that British forces were approaching.
Written and executive produced by and starring Ethan Sandler and Adrian Wenner as the Moody brothers, the half-hour pilot is being produced by AMC Studios. Matt Piedmont, most recently of sister net IFC’s Emmy-nominated The Spoils of Babylon, is directing. Troy Miller also serves as an executive producer through Dakota Films
We Hate Paul Revere may be the only comedy in contention at AMC right now, but the network is beefing up its drama pilots — most recently ordering Afghanistan drama White City.
Livingston is repped by UTA and Thruline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day