- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rookie Blue is sticking around for another summer at ABC. The network has renewed its co-production from ICF Film and Entertainment One to return for a fifth season.
Word of the renewal first leaked on the series’ official Twitter feed: “Season 5 confirmed! A big huge Thank You to all our amazing fans who made this happen! You renewed the blue!”
The drama, starring Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith, has been a standby for the network since launching in 2010. And though ratings have dipped slightly this season — the most recent episode pulled a 1.0 adults 18-to-49 rating, losing its time slot to NBC’s Hollywood Game Night — it is one of ABC’s strongest originals this season.
Season five of Rookie Blue will resume production in Toronto. Tassie Cameron, Ilana Frank, David Wellington and John Morayniss serve as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day