- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosario Dawson has boarded the comic book series in a pivotal role, appearing in multiple episodes, Marvel announced on its official website Friday.
She will play a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings blind attorney Matt Murdock (Boardwalk Empire‘s Charlie Cox) unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city.
Dawson’s casting comes more than a week after Vincent D’Onofrio joined the 13-episode series as “The Kingpin.” In late May, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Spartacus‘ Steven S. DeKnight would be taking over the reins as showrunner from Drew Goddard, who will be segueing to Sinister Six.
Netflix picked up Daredevil — along with Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, as well as miniseries The Defenders — in a massive pact with Marvel. Daredevil is the first series out of the pack.
Dawson, whose credits include Cesar Chavez, Kids and the upcoming Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, is repped by CAA and Untitled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day