- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC used its broadcast of the Academy Awards on Sunday to debut the first official trailer for its upcoming Roseanne revival.
Original stars Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Michael Fishman (DJ), Lecy Goranson (Becky) and Sarah Chalke (who also played Becky but is returning for a new role) are all confirmed to return. The series, launching March 27 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with back-to-back episodes, will also see Johnny Galecki — who played Darlene’s boyfriend, David — reprise his role for one episode.
Barr, as she did during the show’s 220-episode-plus initial run, will continue to write on the series and executive produce. Tom Werner and Bruce Helford are also returning to exec produce the revival, which was spearheaded by Gilbert, who also exec produces. They are joined by series newcomers Whitney Cummings, Wanda Skyes and Jax Media’s Tony Hernandez.
The revival, as detailed in The Hollywood Reporter’s recent cover story, will not shy away from controversial topics including President Donald Trump, immigration, health care, drugs and gender fluidity.
Check out the trailer, below, and click here to meet the new faces rounding out the Conner family.
— Roseanne on ABC (@RoseanneOnABC) March 5, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day