- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Whether it actually plays out on the show the way she describes remains to be seen.
That Roseanne Conner will be dead on The Conners is not new information: Star John Goodman said as much in late August. The manner of her death, however, is in question.
On conservative activist Brandon Straka’s YouTube show Walk Away, Barr said Roseanne Conner will “die of an opioid overdose.”
The character having an opioid problem was set up on Roseanne last season, as she started taking pain pills after a knee injury. But Barr is not pleased with the direction she says The Conners will take. ABC declined comment.
“I wanted to show it in the show,” Barr said, referring to a possible addiction storyline. “But I was never going to have Roseanne die of an opioid overdose. It’s so cynical and horrible. She should have died as a hero or not at all.”
The need to write Barr out of the show, of course, arose because ABC canceled Roseanne after Barr’s racist tweet aimed at former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett in late May. After striking a deal whereby Barr wouldn’t be involved in any spinoff, ABC ordered 10 episodes of The Conners for the fall.
The show is set to premiere Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day