- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosie O’Donnell is returning to The Fosters.
The actress will reprise her role as foster care worker Rita Hendricks in the second season of the ABC Family drama, the network announced Tuesday. She will appear in two episodes this August.
O’Donnell’s character is a tough, yet compassionate woman who works in the foster care system and grows close to Callie (Maia Mitchell) during her time at Girls United.
In the first season, O’Donnell appeared in five episodes.
The Fosters recently won the GLAAD Media Award for outstanding drama series and last year took home the Teen Choice Award for choice TV breakout show.
The Fosters is executive produced by Jennifer Lopez, with creators Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige, who serve as the show’s writers. Joanna Johnson also serves as executive producer.
The Fosters returns June 16 at 9 p.m. on ABC Family.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day