- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After sustaining injuries to her neck during a Law & Order: SVU shoot, actress Rosie Perez is seeking unspecified damages in a lawsuit brought against the production companies behind the show, according to the New York Post.
Perez guest-starred as the mother of an abused child on an episode of the procedural shot in September 2009. During a staged fight with another actress, Perez was “hauled off” the woman by another actor playing a passer-by – a move that Perez claims caused her neck to become herniated. The actress underwent a discectomy to repair the damage.
In the suit, Northern Entertainment Productions and DDF Films are accused of “recklessly and carelessly failing to provide skilled performers or experienced stunt personnel”. Perez’s lawyer, Brian O’ Dwyer, maintains that the injury causes Perez continued pain and has inhibited her ability to work.
“This is a case of a woman being severely injured because someone wasn’t taking care of the people who work for them,” O’Dwyer told the Post. “We’re going to make them pay.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day