- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adult Swim, ever fond of events and stunts, is staging its first-ever festival.
The two-day event, targeting the Turner network’s young-skewing audience, will take place Oct. 6-7 in downtown Los Angeles and feature a musical lineup headlined by hip-hop outfit Run the Jewels.
“Adult Swim already does television like no one else,” Jill King, senior vp marketing and partnerships for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang, said Friday in a statement. “Now it’s time to bring that same unique approach to a one-of-a-kind festival experience. The Adult Swim Festival will feature everything fans love about us…great shows, cutting-edge music and a passionate community to enjoy it all together.”
In addition to the musical component, the event — billed as a “cultural festival” — will include a marketplace, screenings, comedy performances and interactive gaming.
This is not the network’s first foray into music. Adult Swim already has its Singles program and is well known for its upfront party in New York, where the network annually treats media buyers and industry members to headlining acts like Drake, Nicki Minaj and Outkast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day