- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cable network has opted to cancel unscripted entry What Would Ryan Lochte Do? after one low-rated season, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
As first reported by TV Line, the series that followed the Olympic swimmer training for the 2016 Games, his personal life and empire, ended its eight-episode run in May averaging just 440,000 total viewers. (Meanwhile, a source close to E! says the network does want to work with the athlete and personality again in the future.)
The series received a sizable marketing push for the gold medalist in April, but opened to a paltry 807,000 viewers, losing nearly half of its E! news special lead-in featuring Ryan Seacrest interviewing the Kardashian family.
Lochte fielded multiple reality show offers after sporting a diamond American-flag grill at the summer Olympics and ultimately landed the docuseries at E! after guest roles on 30 Rock and 90210.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro