- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Phillippe is going from playing a Julian Assange-type character to a cop on the rise.
The Lincoln Lawyer star, who will appear in the upcoming fifth and final season of DirecTV’s Damages, has booked the starring role in CBS’ untitled Greg Berlanti/Nicholas Wootton drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Phillippe will play the cop at the center of the story, who rises quickly through the ranks from officer to detective to police commissioner in the project, previously known as Golden Boy.
Phillippe joins the previously cast Chi McBride and Kevin Alejandro. Wootton is penning the pilot and will executive produce alongside Berlanti and Richard Shepard, who will direct the Warner Bros. TV drama.
Phillippe will play a Julian Assange-type character on Damages, when the series returns in the summer on DirecTV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day