- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS has added another interracial family comedy to its development slate.
In a competitive situation with multiple networks bidding, the network is teaming with Ryan Seacrest for a multicamera comedy loosely based on stand-up comedian Dan Ahdoot’s recent engagement.
The untitled comedy centers on a recently engaged interracial couple struggling to maintain their bliss when their wildly dissimilar parents become overly involved in their lives.
Ahdoot will pen the script and co-executive produce the CBS Television Studios comedy alongside Seacrest, Ryan Seacrest Productions’ Nina Wass and Andrea Shay.
Ahdoot previously penned feature Public Disturbance, and is an actor on Seeso’s Bajillion Dollar Propertie$. His on-screen credits include ABC’s Super Fun Night, Comedy Central’s Workaholics and Disney’s Kickin’ It.
This marks the second interracial family comedy in the works at CBS this development season. The network is also readying The Mix Up, which is inspired by the life of The Michael J. Fox Show creator Sam Laybourne.
Ahdoot is repped by Management 360 and Verve. RSP is with CAA and HJTH.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day