- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Law & Order alum S. Epatha Merkerson has been cast in the CBS pilot from Erin Brockovich writer Susannah Grant.
The medical drama stars Patrick Wilson, one of the most sought after actors of the current pilot season, as a driven surgeon whose life is changed when his ex-wife dies and begins giving him life lessons from the after-life. British actress Jennifer Ehle (The King’s Speech) co-stars as his wife.
Merkerson, who played Lt. Anita Van Buren for 16 seasons on Law & Order, has been cast as Wilson’s no-nonsense administrative assistant. The actress won an Emmy and Golden Globe for her role in HBO’s 2005 movie Lackawanna Blues.
Jonathan Demme (Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs) is executive producing the series with Grant and will also direct the pilot.
The still untitled drama is from CBS Television Studios in association with Timberman/Beverly Productions. Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly will also serve as exective producers.
Merkerson is repped by ICM, McGowan Management and Kraditor & Haber.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day