- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Champion has married his partner, Brazilian fine arts photographer Rubem Robierb.
The ceremony was officiated by New York State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver before guests including GMA‘s Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott. Roberts, in recovery from a bone marrow transplant this fall, read a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. (According to the New York Post, she wore a “fitted red dress” and Robierb’s mother and sisters Skyped in via Brazil for the occasion.)
Back in October, ABC announced Champion’s engagement after a New York Times article about MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts‘ wedding quoted Champion making first public mention of the impending nuptials. It was a low-key coming-out, akin to when The Big Bang Theory Emmy winner Jim Parsons acknowledged that he’s gay, the mention of which was buried in a Times story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day