- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With a few weeks before the debut of Sam Champion‘s new show on The Weather Channel, the pieces are starting to come together.
After promoting his new venture at the winter Television Critics Association press tour in mid-January, Champion — who recently left Good Morning America after three decades — revealed via Twitter the title of his new daily morning show: the simply titled AMHQ.
Though the title is short for America’s Morning Headquarters, the network says the official name will remain AMHQ.
Champion’s new show will debut in mid-March and will air weekdays from 7-10 a.m. ET.
Talking about the show at TCA, Champion said he hopes to keep viewers tuned into The Weather Channel for the entirety of the morning.
“I don’t want you to have to surf to get your news headlines or business headlines,” he told reporters Jan. 11, revealing that he has years of full-service morning-show experience that he’s hoping to bring to the table.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day