- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 45-second, nearly wordless teaser — the only line of dialogue is an exasperated Bob Fosse (Sam Rockwell) saying “Again” — is a multitude of quick cuts, finger snaps and silhouetted bodies that sets the stage for the show, due to premiere in April. The typeface for the title also mimics that of Fosse’s film All That Jazz.
The series tells the story of the romantic and creative partnership between choreographer, director and filmmaker Fosse and Gwen Verdon (Michelle Williams), considered the best dancer ever to perform on Broadway. Together they changed American entertainment — albeit at a steep cost.
In addition to Rockwell and Williams, the cast of Fosse/Verdon includes Norbert Leo Butz, Margaret Qualley, Aya Cash, Nate Corddry, Susan Misner, Bianca Marroquin, Kelli Barrett, Evan Handler, Rick Holmes, Paul Reiser, Ethan Slater, Byron Jennings and Laura Osnes.
The show is based on Sam Wasson’s biography Fosse and counts Lin-Manuel Miranda among its executive producers. Steven Levenson (Dear Evan Hansen, Masters of Sex) will serve as showrunner and executive produce along with director Thomas Kail (Hamilton), Rockwell, Williams and George Stelzner. Fosse and Verdon’s daughter, Nicole Fosse, is a co-exec producer.
Watch the teaser below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day