- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Arnold Palmer passed away Sunday, and Samuel L. Jackson is one of the stars mourning the golf legend, talking about him with Jimmy Fallon on Monday.
“I played a round with him at the Bob Hope,” said Jackson, saying he was excited when he found out he was paired up with Palmer.
He said that he remembers Palmer missing a 15-foot putt and cursing in exasperation. Everyone around the green didn’t care though, recalls Jackson. “I’m like, ‘OK, golf’s my game,'” said Jackson. “If I can talk like that, I’m good.”
The actor said at one point Palmer complimented him, which really made his day “I get a ‘great,’ from the King so I’m good to go,” said Jackson, smiling.
Jackson also joined Gina Rodriguez and Fallon for a game of “Truth or Door.” Even though he answered his “truth” question, he decided it would be more fun to choose a door.
Behind door number one was a box full of kittens and Jackson was instructed to yell at them to watch his favorite movie. The kittens cowered away from him in the corner of the box until he stopped and held one for the rest of the game. But he did let Rodriguez hold it for a bit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day