- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Sanctuary veteran Amanda Tapping will guest-star on Syfy and Space’s Killjoys, the Canadian bounty hunter drama that debuts on June 19, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Sci-fi royalty Tapping will play a fiercely clever scientist in one episode at the back half of the season, with her character’s “charismatic charm” keeping her true intentions concealed from the Killjoys. Tapping also played a scientist, Dr. Helen Magnus, in Sanctuary, another Syfy drama, and performed the role of Captain Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1.
Tapping boards Killjoys, a 10-episode joint venture between Syfy and Canada’s Space channel, with Hannah John-Kamen, Aaron Ashmore and Luke Macfarlane in the lead roles as a trio of badass intergalactic bounty hunters tracking down fugitives. British actress John-Kamen plays Dutch, a top-level Killjoy who chases deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant planetary system on the brink of class war.
Ashmore is peacemaker John Jaqobis, and Macfarlane is sarcastic, yet loyal solider D’avin. Killjoys comes from creator Michelle Lovretta (Lost Girl) and Temple Street Productions, which also produces Orphan Black.
The show is executive produced by Lovretta, David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg, with Karen Troubetzkoy producing. The writers include Jeremy Boxen, Aaron Martin, Emily Andras and Adam Barken.
Universal Cable Productions is distributing the series worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day