- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saoirse Ronan knows how to “draw a crowd” in the first promo for her Dec. 2 Saturday Night Live hosting gig.
In the promo, Ronan and SNL castmember Cecily Strong gazed out at the crowd gathering outside the NBC building. “All these people have come out to see me,” Ronan told Strong, only for the SNL comedian to inform her that the crowd was actually for the upcoming tree lighting ceremony.
“Oh no, I don’t think they are,” Ronan said, proceeding to explain how “Santa’s little helpers” even came out. “Oh no, those are just people. They’re far away, so they look small,” Strong explained.
“You know, I’ve heard the elves are like massive fans of Lady Bird,” Ronan said, continuing to believe she saw elves. The actress began speaking to the crowd outside through the window, but Strong, embarrassed, walked away.
“New York! I love you and I see you and I hear you …” Ronan shouted, until she was drowned out by the city’s commuting traffic noise.
Ronan will host SNL this week with musical guest U2. Lady Bird is in theaters now.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day