- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles will join NBC’s The Sing-Off as the third celebrity judge, NBC announced Thursday.
Bareilles will replace Nicole Scherzinger, who will serve as a judge on Fox’s upcoming fall series The X Factor. The “Love Song” singer will serve alongside fellow celebrity judges Ben Folds and Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman.
“I love the fact that on this show, the judges are each so rooted in the world they preside over,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios. “Simply put, they can do what the contestants are doing and that means a lot. Sara will bring a sublime technical knowledge and huge appreciation for The Sing-Off.”
Bareilles, a three-time Grammy winner, recently released her album Kaleidescope Heart, which earned a Grammy nomination for “King of Anything.” She is currently opening for Sugarland this summer and is headlining several shows in the U.S.
The Sing-Off returns Sept. 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day