- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media on Thursday confirmed it has ordered another 10 episodes of the medical drama Remedy, which stars Sara Canning and Enrico Colantoni.
The greenlight follows The Hollywood Reporter last week reporting that a second season was in the works as the writers’ room restarted after the drama’s rookie season finale on April 28.
Production on the Indian Grove Productions series for Global Television is set to begin in Toronto and Hamilton later this year.
Remedy was created and is show-run by Greg Spottiswood and also stars Dillon Casey and Sarah Allen.
The series bowed on February 24, 2014 and has averaged nearly one million viewers per episode on Monday nights to date.
That puts Remedy in hit territory in Canadian primetime, and makes it a rival to Saving Hope, another popular Canadian medical drama on the CTV network.
Bernie Zukerman is executive producing Remedy, along with Spottiswood.
Kelly Makin and Adam Barken are co-executive producers, with Jan Peter Meyboom producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day