- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jones, who was a crewmember on Vampire Diaries, died Feb. 20 in Georgia while working on the Gregg Allman biopic Midnight Rider during an on-set accident involving a train. Monday, Sept. 22, would have been her 28th birthday.
See more Actors Who Died During Filming
To honor her, the 5K walk-a-thon has been set to take place Sunday, Oct. 5, in Atlanta, with all proceeds going to the newly created Sarah Jones Film Foundation. Sarah’s parents, Richard and Elizabeth Jones of Columbia, S.C., created the foundation, with proceeds to be divided among on-set safety awareness initiatives, educational scholarships and social media outreach via Slates for Sarah.
Jones’ parents, along with her brother, Eric, will lead the participants in the walk. Walkers also will live-tweet from the event to spread the word and raise money via online donation links using #SafetyForSarah. The Twitter account @SlatesForSarah will provide updates.
Sarah Jones Film Foundation
c/o Central Carolina Community Foundation
2711 Middleburg Dr. Ste 213
Columbia, South Carolina 29204
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day