- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cable news network used the Pink song as an intro into a report about Palin’s recent visit to one of the embattled restaurant chain’s locations outside of Houston, Texas.
“The music selection was a poor choice and was not intended to be linked to any news story,” a CNN spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. “We regret any perception that they were planned together.”
Introducing the segment after the intro, CNN Sunday Morning anchor Randy Kaye said, “Sarah Palin is apparently hungry for chicken and controversy.”
Kaye then reported that Palin tweeted a picture of herself and her husband, Todd, visiting the restaurant.
“Stopped by Chick-fil-A in the Woodlands to support a great business,” Palin had tweeted.
Chick-fil-A has been under intense scrutiny for its tradition of operating under “biblical” principles, including an opposition to same-sex marriage, a position that has angered gay-rights activists, including many celebrities, including Roseanne Barr.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day