- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sarah Palin, who is still dancing around a run for president in 2012, made one declaration today. She will not do another interview with Katie Couric.
Asked by Fox News colleague Sean Hannity on his show Monday night whether she would sit down for a second interview with the CBS News anchor, Palin issued an unequivocal no.
“As for doing an interview, though, with a reporter who already has such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say? Why waste my time? No,” Palin said adding that she wanted to “help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism.”
“And I have a communications degree. I studied journalism, who, what, where, when, and why of reporting. I will speak to reporters who still understand that cornerstone of our democracy, that expectation that the public has for truth to be reported. And then we get to decide our own opinion based on the facts reported to us.”
Couric’s 2008 interview with the then Republican vice presidential candidate became a viral hit while a send-up of the interview on Saturday Night Live became part of Tina Fey‘s Palin canon.
CBS News had no comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day