- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The streaming giant announced Monday that it will debut a new special from Silverman in late spring. The untitled special will film later this month for a May 30 premiere.
Liam Lynch will direct the special, with JASH signing on to produce with Thruline’s Amy Zvi. (Silverman founded JASH, a comedy-driven media company, alongside fellow comedians Michael Cera, Tim Heidecker & Eric Wareheim and Reggie Watts.)
The comic, best known for her Comedy Central series, won an Emmy in 2014 for her HBO special Sarah Silverman: We Are Miracles. Her other acting roles include such series as Masters of Sex and The Good Wife. Silverman’s film roles include Wreck It Ralph and A Million Ways to Die in the West, as well as the upcoming releases The Book of Henry and Battle of the Sexes.
She also is the author of the 2010 best-selling memoir The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee.
Silverman joins an impressive group of comedians with stand-up specials at the streamer, including Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Amy Schumer and Jerry Seinfeld. Netflix has been aggressive in its push into the stand-up special space, paying Rock $40 million for two new specials.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day