- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live could be losing Abby Elliott.
The actress has been tapped to star in Ben Fox Is My Manny, the Fox comedy pilot from Couples Retreat scribe Dana Fox, a studio rep has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
In the project Elliott would play a single mother who gets an assist from her brother who moves in with her in a bid to help her raise her baby. The title character is described as a heightened version of Fox’s brother, Ben Fox.
The writer, whose credits include What Happens in Vegas and Adult Swim’s Children’s Hospital, is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Should Ben Fox receive a series order, Elliott would depart Lorne Michaels’ NBC late-night sketch series in favor of the primetime slot at Fox.
Elliott, who joined SNL in 2008, is best known on SNL for her impersonations of Angelina Jolie, Glee‘s Lea Michele and New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel.
She joins the previously cast Maggie Jones and Echo Kellum in the single-camera project from 20th Television and Chernin Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day