- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scandal’s George Newbern is joining the cast of BYUtv’s Granite Falls.
The actor is set to play a left-wing civil liberties attorney who is going through his fourth divorce in the show’s third season. Filming is already underway in Salt Lake City.
Granite Falls is a circa-1963 family drama filled with Cold War paranoia and conspiracy and is the first scripted series for the network, which is owned by a subsidiary of the Mormon church.
This is not the first time the show has attracted a well-known actor. Cary Elwes, the English actor known for his role in Princess Bride, played the head of the CIA’s counterintelligence program for a four-episode arc, and Back to the Future‘s Christopher Lloyd joined the cast last season as a wise-cracking English professor.
On ABC’s Scandal, Newbern plays Charlie, an ex-CIA agent turned private contractor, often found working for the White House Chief of Staff, Cyrus Beene (Jeff Perry).
His Granite Falls deal was brokered by manager Leslie Rice and Talentworks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day