- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Scandal is adding to its season four guest roster.
Mary McCormack (In Plain Sight) and Josh Randall (Ed) have been tapped to guest star on ABC’s red-hot political thriller, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
McCormack and Randall will play a couple and appear in an early October episode of the Kerry Washington starrer. While additional details about their roles are being kept under wraps, Rhimes told THR that season four will feature more of its trademarked case of the week stories.
“In season two and season one, Kerry is in almost every scene, and that’s not possible in season three,” showrunner Shonda Rhimes said. “So it just necessitated a different mode of storytelling, and we’re very excited to get back to Olivia-centric storytelling.”
The casting marks McCormack’s first visit to Shondaland after roles on NBC’s short-lived comedy Welcome to the Family, USA Network’s In Plain Sight and NBC’s The West Wing, among others. For Randall, it’s his third tour after he guest-starred in a 2011 episode of Rhimes and Betsy Beers‘ Grey’s Anatomy and a 2007 installment of Private Practice. His credits also include Courting Alex and Greek.
Scandal returns Thursday, Sept. 25, in its new time slot at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day