- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The return of ABC’s so-called TGIT lineup is in sight.
The network on Thursday released the season-six trailer for Scandal and set a Jan. 19 return date for the Shonda Rhimes political soap.
Scandal will rejoin ABC’s Thursday-night lineup starting Jan. 19 at 9 p.m. That same date will mark the return of the all-ShondaLand TGIT block with the midseason returns of Grey’s Anatomy (at 8 p.m.) and How to Get Away With Murder (at 10 p.m.). The latter series will wrap their 2016 episodes with midseason finales on Nov. 17.
Scandal will replace low-rated freshman drama Notorious, which recently had its episode order trimmed from 13 to 10 episodes.
Meanwhile, Rhimes-produced dramas awaiting to be scheduled are: season two of The Catch and rookie Still Star-Crossed, which remain on ABC’s midseason bench that also includes drama Time After Time and comedies Downward Dog and Imaginary Mary.
Scandal‘s return comes after the drama was bumped from its traditional fall debut to accommodate star Kerry Washington’s second pregnancy. ABC has refrained from using its TGIT marketing campaign until all three of its dramas on the night were from Rhimes.
Watch the season-six trailer for Scandal, which picks up on election night, above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
We Are Lady Parts
Behind The Screen