- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gladiators, beware: Mama Pope is coming back.
Olivia’s (Kerry Washington) mother, Marie Wallace (aka Maya Pope), will make her (triumphant?) return to the Shonda Rhimes political thriller in the midseason finale, currently set to air Nov. 20 and titled “Where the Sun Don’t Shine.” Plot details are not being released, but the episode is being directed by star Tony Goldwyn, whose character, President Fitzgerald Grant, lost his eldest son to Mama Pope.
The character was last seen in the season three finale when Fitz realizes that his lover’s mother was the one responsible for killing Jerry Jr.
This season, Jake (Scott Foley) stands accused of taking out the president’s son. Fitz most recently considered turning his former Navy buddy over to Olivia’s father and Mama Pope’s estranged husband, Rowan Pope (Joe Morton), but opted to send him to a supermax prison.
Scandal airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion