- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apparently Sally Langston can’t wait to take over the Oval Office for good on ABC’s Scandal.
In an exclusive clip from Thursday’s midseason finale, titled “Blown Away,” the vice president (played by Kate Burton) has given Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) a less than ideal assignment: to plan the funeral of President Fitzgerald Grant (Tony Goldwyn).
“I’m making lists: of Fitz’s favorite songs, bands he loves, poems he’s quoted, Bible verses that seem to fit his personality, hymns he likes,” a somber Olivia tells Fitz’s chief of staff Cyrus (Jeff Perry).
And because that isn’t enough, first lady Mellie Grant (Bellamy Young) has only allowed Olivia one visit before revoking her privileges to see the president.
An emotional Cyrus, meanwhile, doesn’t take the news lightly and reminds Olivia that Fitz considers her the “love of his life,” and has a very powerful message for Washington’s top fixer.
Check out the clip, above, and hit the comments with your thoughts on whether you think Fitz can survive the three gunshot wounds that came at the hands of Olivia’s go-to spy guy: Huck (Guillermo Diaz).
Scandal airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day