- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The premiere of A&E’s Beyond Scared Straight was watched by 3.7 million viewers, becoming the most-watched original series premiere in the network’s history.
Additionally, the show attracted 2.2 million viewers in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic, according to Nielsen.
“We could not be more proud to have undertaken this groundbreaking series and the audience response is extremely rewarding,” Bob DeBitetto, president and general manager of A&E Network and BIO Channel, said in a statement. “Beyond Scared Straight truly exemplifies our unique brand of highly engaging programming with a focus on excellent storytelling and first-class auspices.”
The strong tune-in for the 90-minute premiere episode follows healthy tune-in this week for the network’s freshman series Storage Wars, which has already been picked up for a second season, and returning series Hoarders.
This week’s episode of Storage Wars was the most-watched to date, garnering 2.8 million total viewers on Wednesday night, while the season finale of Hoarders on Monday night drew 3 million viewers.
Beyond Scared Straight is produced by Arnold Shapiro Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day