- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Castle Rock is filling out its cast.
The Hulu anthology series has added The Leftovers and The Defenders actor Scott Glenn as a series regular. He’ll play Alan Pangborn, a retired sheriff who presided over some of the darkest years in Castle Rock’s checkered history — a Kingian icon at the center of Needful Things and The Dark Half.
Glenn joins the 10-episode project’s previously announced cast, which includes Moonlight breakout Andre Holland, Sissy Spacek, Melanie Lynskey, Jane Levy and Bill Skarsgard. A psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s most loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.
Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason developed the project for television and serve as executive producers along with J.J. Abrams, Ben Stephenson and Liz Glotzer. Castle Rock hails from Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Production is set to begin later this year, though an official premiere date has not yet been determined.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day