- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nick at Nite is tweaking upcoming comedy Wendell & Vinnie.
Two months after unveiling an ambitious slate with more than a dozen live-action, animated and TV movie projects, Nick at Nite has recast the female lead in Wendell & Vinnie, tapping Secret Life of the American Teenager‘s Natalie Dreyfuss to replace Hayley Strode in the series.
The actress will take over the female lead opposite iCarly‘s Jerry Trainor‘s Vinnie and play his neighbor, Taryn, a divorced woman who bonds with Vinnie and his 12-year-old nephew, Wendell (Buddy Handelson).
Dreyfuss played Chloe on a handful of episodes of the recently canceled ABC Family series, which will wrap its run following its upcoming fifth season. In addition, the Greene & Associates-repped actress’ credits include Rita Rocks and episodes of House, New Girl and Weeds.
Nickelodeon greenlit 20 episodes of the series, from scribe Jay Kogen (Frasier), in August.
Additionally, Half & Half alum Chico Benymon has nabbed the male lead in Nickelodeon pilot The Haunted Hathaway. The pilot, from Robert Peacock (Reba), revolves around siblings who move into a haunted mansion. Benymon will Ray Preston, the father two boys, one of whom is a ghost. The Buchwald/Fortitude-repped actor’s credits include Hollywood Heights and The Game.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day