- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian and writer Carol Leifer (Modern Family, Seinfeld, ) signed with Quirk Publishing to publish her new book How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying.
The book is pitched as “a career advice tome whose wisdom is gleaned from her successful years in front of and behind the camera, navigating the mercurial business called ‘show.’ ”
In a statement, Leifer called How to Succeed “the book that I wish I had when I was starting out.” She added jokingly, “Back then, the only business book we had was Shari Lewis: Making Millions With Just a Sock.”
This is Leifer’s second book, following her 2009 New York Times best-seller, When You Lie About Your Age, The Terrorists Win: Reflection on Looking in the Mirror.
Leifer is a four-time Emmy nominee for her work on such shows as Seinfeld, Saturday Night Live and The Larry Sanders Show. She won a Writers Guild Award in 2012 for Modern Family. She also has starred in stand-up comedy specials on HBO, Showtime and Comedy Central.
Leifer is repped by APA and Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano.
Quirk is the independent publisher behind such cult genre hits as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day