- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Richards is plotting a return to TV.
Created by Marco Pennette, the comedy revolves around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley), who reconnects with her long-lost son after the death of his adopted mother. Richards will play Maddie’s limo driver, with Gilles Marini (Brothers & Sisters) also booking a guest-star gig as her chef. Perlman will play her assistant and best friend.
The casting marks the Emmy-winning actor’s first potential series regular role since his November 2006 debacle when he responded to heckling during a stand-up set at the Laugh Factory with a racially tinged tirade that put him in hot water.
More recently, the actor otherwise known as Jerry’s neighbor Kramer, has guest starred on a Seinfeld reunion episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld’s web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.
Richards is repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day