- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It may be a tad less subtle, but the Sesame Street version of Homeland is otherwise spot on.
The kids’ program released a spoof of the Showtime drama on Monday, breaking down the twisty terrorism thriller-romance into a bunch of sheep CIA agents looking for the Big Bad Wolf. Brody, the literal wolf in sheep’s clothing, manages to evade detection despite towering over the little lambs in a wool costume that barely covers his torso.
PHOTOS: THR‘S Cover Shoot With The Stars Of Showtime
“There’s something strange about Baaaah-rody, Saaaaul,” says the frantic puppet version of Carrie, channeling Claire Danes‘ trademark Homeland urgency but none of the tears. She quickly exposes Brody, but not without falling for him in the process.
Also hitting the bull’s-eye — more animal puns! — are the opening credits, which include lambs wandering through a labyrinth to a voiceover from the sheep president and the sounds of ambient jazz. Watch the video below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day