- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What happens when you bring Melisandre of Game of Thrones to a baby shower?
Carice van Houten touted her character from the HBO series in a Late Night sketch on Thursday.
“Clutch your child close to your breast, woman,” Melisandre said of motherhood advice, “for the night is dark and full of terrors.” Plus, “there is no heaven. There’s only hell, and it’s the one we’re living in now.”
Regarding the sex of the baby, she advised, “Pray that it’s a son so the Lord of Light can look down upon him with favor. And if it’s a girl, lock it away in a dark tower forever and hope it’s not consumed by grayscale.”
“You’re always saying you don’t have any female friends, and this is why,” Meyers told her. “Maybe stop telling people the night is dark of full of terrors.”
Melisandre tried again, sharing her own anecdote before gifting the child with “a rattle sword,” baring her chest for Meyers and setting another guest on fire. “I gave birth once. A shadow demon. I will never forget how it emerged from my womanhood: its claw-like hands grabbed onto my ankles so that it could propel itself into the night air.”
Ahead of Game of Thrones‘ sixth-season return on April 24, watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Monsters at Work