- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Saturday Night Live star Seth Meyers is engaged to longtime girlfriend Alexi Ashe, a rep for SNL confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The future Late Night host recently proposed to Ashe, who’s a lawyer in the Brooklyn D.A.’s office.
Meyers just completed his final full season on SNL. But he’s staying on through the fall before replacing Jimmy Fallon as the host of NBC’s Late Night when Fallon moves to The Tonight Show in early 2014.
STORY: Seth Meyers Lands NBC ‘Late Night’ Gig
Indeed, one source told Us Weekly that Meyers’ career change may have led him to feel the time is right to settle down.
“With Late Night, his schedule will be slowly easing up,” Us Weekly‘s source explains. “He wanted to do it after SNL wrapped [because] he didn’t want to be an absentee fiancé. Her family loves him.”
Meyers and Ashe reportedly met at a wedding several years ago and have been together ever since. She’s become a regular fixture by his side at New York events.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day