- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Saturday Night Live head writer and “Weekend Update” co-host Seth Meyers returned to the news desk for a segment of “Really?!,” which he also does on Late Night With Seth Meyers.
Alongside current “Weekend Update” co-hosts Colin Jost and Michael Che, Meyers further discussed President Donald Trump and Kanye West’s friendship, which was also tackled in the episode’s cold open.
Che noted that he himself negotiated four uses of the N-word for this season in his contract, dropping the first one during the segment. “I was on for 12 years, and Lorne never gave me one N-word,” Meyers said with mock incredulity.
“Man, it is so rare that you can see black people and white supremacists betrayed in the exact same moment,” Meyers said of a photo of Trump and West hugging. The three men seemed to be having a lot of fun with the material, laughing throughout the segment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day