- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Late-night hosts Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert and James Corden all took time from their Wednesday night opening monologues to address Eminem’s politically charged freestyle against Donald Trump.
During the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards, Eminem performed an explosive freestyle against the president, calling him a “racist grandpa” and asking fans to “decide who you like more”: him or Trump.
Meyers felt inspired by the rapper’s anti-Trump cypher.
The host addressed Eminem’s freestyle takedown of President Trump, saying, “Powerful stuff. To any fans of this show who are also fans of Donald Trump, it’s time to make a decision, guys.”
“Do you support him or do you support this show that constantly mocks and denigrates everything about him?” Meyers asked his audience. He then tried his own hand at dropping rhymes: “My name is Seth and I’m here to say, if you like Trump then go away.”
Oct. 12, 9:02 a.m.: This story has been updated with additional late-night hosts’ jokes about Eminem.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day