- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British actress Clare-Hope Ashitey has signed on to star in the forthcoming crime drama from Killing creator Veena Sud, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In the Fox 21 series, tensions run high between African-American citizens and Caucasian police officers in Jersey City, where a teenage African-American boy is critically injured by a cop.
Ashitey will play K.J. Harper, an assistant prosecutor in New Jersey caught up in the tragic case. She joins a cast that includes two-time Emmy winner Regina King, David Lyons, Michael Mosley, Russell Hornsby, Raul Castillo and Beau Knapp.
Best known across the pond for starring in the British police procedural Suspects, Ashitey’s credits include Children of Men, BBC One’s Doctor Foster and a role in Fox’s upcoming drama Shots Fired. She is repped by Gersh, United Agents and Authentic.
Sud will serve as showrunner on Seven Seconds, which will kick off with a 10-episode first season. She will exec produce with Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown, Alex Reznik and Gavin O’Connor, the latter of whom will also direct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day