- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network, is adapting Bushnell’s 2008 book One Fifth Avenue, with Gossip Girl executive producer Josh Safran attached to pen the adaption. Grey’s Anatomy‘s Mark Gordon will produce.
Titled One Fifth, the project is being described as Sex and the City meets The Good Wife and follows columnist Cassie Bingham as she moves back to her downtown apartment located at One Fifth Avenue to reassess her life after her husband asks for a separation.
Bingham winds up back in her old Upper East Side world when she’s called upon to investigate a scandal in her building that traces back to the world from which she was banished, reconnecting with old friends and lovers along the way.
Safran will pen the project, with Gordon and Bushnell attached to produce.
Gordon has been a busy man this development season, with multiple projects set up at networks including USA, TNT and ABC, where he also has a pair of comedies and another drama set up.
Safran, meanwhile, has been with Gossip Girl since 2007, working as a writer, consulting producer, co-executive producer and exec producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day