- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime’s Shameless is poised to further explore Ford, a mysterious new character.
Actor Richard Flood has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming ninth season of the Emmy Rossum starrer.
Flood first appeared in season eight as Ford, the handyman turned love interest for Rossum’s Fiona.
Thus far, little is known about Ford. He’s an Irish carpenter and craftsman and a popular sperm donor for multiple lesbian couples — and Fiona’s reluctant boyfriend.
In season nine of Shameless, the Gallaghers take justice into their own hands amid a renewed political fervor on Chicago’s South Side. Fiona tries to build on her success with her apartment building and takes an expensive gamble, hoping to catapult herself into the upper echelon.
Flood’s credits include NBC’s Crossing Lines, Nat Geo’s Killing Kennedy and Irish drama Red Rock. He’s repped by Gersh and More/Medavoy.
Shameless, which will celebrate its 100th episode in its ninth season, returns Sept. 9 at 9 p.m. on Showtime.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day