- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emmy Rossum’s salary standoff has come to an end.
The Shameless star, who had been holding up the Showtime dramedy’s season eight renewal, has come to terms with producers Warner Bros. Television on a new contract.
“Playing Fiona Gallagher has been one of the great privileges of my life. I’m so happy to continue w my SHAMELESS family! Back to work in May!” Rossum tweeted Wednesday, days after The Hollywood Reporter exclusively reported that she was holding out for equal pay with fellow star William H. Macy — and more — after years of being paid less than her male counterpart.
Producers WBTV and Showtime did not immediately return THR‘s request for comment on her contract status or the show’s official renewal, which Rossum indicated in her tweet. The season seven finale airs Sunday. Sources say Rossum had an offer of equal pay on the table. It’s unclear if she received more than Macy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day