- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Showtime’s Shameless is adding a new face to the mix for season seven.
Revenge grad Barry Sloane has booked a guest gig on the Emmy Rossum-William H. Macy starrer, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Sloane is currently slated to appear in two episodes. He will play Ryan, a good-looking entrepreneur who meets Fiona (Rossum) at a Southside Young Professionals networking event.
Sloane’s casting comes as Fiona has recently been inspired by Marto (NYPD Blue alum Sharon Lawrence), who owns the diner where Fiona works as the manager.
“Fiona is ready for a change, and no one is going to get in her way of seeing it through. She’s trying to apply the loyalty that she showed to her family to herself,” Rossum told The Hollywood Reporter at the start of season seven. “She decides the family should pick up the slack and share responsibility equally within the house, because it’s been pretty one-sided for a long time. She helped all these other people be a success — now it’s her turn.”
Sloane’s recent credits include The Whispers, Longmire and History’s upcoming Six, due in 2017. He is repped by WME and Silver Lining Entertainment.
Shameless airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day