- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The sophomore series opened 37 percent higher than its last finale and 61 percent from its 2011 series debut, taking in nearly 1.6 million viewers during its 9:00 p.m broadcast. The 11:00 p.m. encore added an addition 475,000 viewers to the night’s total of 2.06 million.
With DVR and encores, Season 1 of Shameless averaged 3.8 million, making it the network’s third highest-rated program.
At 10:00 p.m., the premiere of House of Lies broke 1 million viewers, a strong debut by network standards. Encores at 12:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. (along with the measured 1.2 million in online/on demand sampling) puts the premiere views at 2.76 million as of Monday morning.
Californication concluded the Sunday line-up, down from its 2011 premiere to 758,000 viewers at 10:30 p.m. Adding the 12:30 a.m. encore, the series’ total viewers for the night hit 1.03 million.
Showtime likely posted even higher numbers on Sunday, as the network was running a free preview over the weekend, but ratings only measure paid subscribers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day