- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shameless star Emmy Rossum is adding director to her résumé.
The actress will make her directorial debut by stepping behind the camera of her Showtime drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Rossum — who stars as the eldest child/family matriarch Fiona Gallagher on the premium cabler’s critical darling — will direct the fourth episode of season seven.
The John Wells series starring William H. Macy will return with season seven on Sunday, Oct. 2 as Showtime moved the series from spring to a fall debut giving dedicated viewers two seasons in the same calendar year.
Rossum’s episode is tentatively scheduled to air Sunday, Oct. 23.
The actress has scored multiple Critics Choice TV nominations for her portrayal of the family’s put-upon eldest child. In addition to earning a Golden Globe for her role in the big-screen edition of The Phantom of the Opera, her acting credits include The Day After Tomorrow, Songcatcher and Mystic River.
The news comes as Rossum’s fiancé, Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail, is poised to direct every episode of the USA Network drama’s second season. The couple previously worked together on Comet, Esmail’s directorial debut in which Rossum starred.
Rossum is repped by CAA, MGMT and Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day