- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pretty Little Liars is bringing back another familiar face to stir things up in season seven.
Aria Montgomery’s (Lucy Hale) former love interest Holden Strauss (Shane Coffey) will return in season 7B, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Aria’s childhood friend recurred throughout season two, and the pair were in a fake cover-up relationship so Aria could be with Ezra Fitz (Ian Harding) and Holden could secretly practice martial arts, in spite of his life-threatening heart condition.
Holden also appeared in one episode of season three, trying to help Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell) figure out where her ex-girlfriend Maya was last seen alive.
Holden will return to Rosewood and come back into Aria’s life in the second half of the season, which could be related to her potential engagement to Ezra. At the end of the most recent episode of the Freeform drama, there was a cliffhanger of how Aria would answer.
Since exiting PLL, Coffey has appeared on Castle, Grimm, and The Originals. He also starred alongside Troian Bellisario, who portrays Spencer, in her short film Exiles in 2013.
Pretty Little Liars airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Freeform.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day