- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shaquille O’Neal and Jimmy Fallon went head-to-head in a lip-sync battle on Monday night’s Tonight Show.
Fallon kicked things off with House of Pain’s “Jump Around,” but O’Neal proved to be stiff competition when he topped the host’s performance with his own rendition of Bobby Brown’s “My Prerogative.”
“I’m bringing 1988 back,” the NBA star joked as he ditched the standing mic for a mic headset and invited audience members up to the stage to dance with him. Musical guest Pitbull made a surprise appearance during O’Neal’s set.
The two competitors made nice toward the end of the battle, as O’Neal forced Fallon to join him for a duet of Elton John and Kiki Dee’s “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.” O’Neal, mouthing Dee’s lines, got affectionate with the host, giving him a peck on the cheek and a love pat before lifting him into his arms.
The Tonight Show is airing from Orlando, Fla., this week for the opening of Fallon’s new ride at Universal Studios, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Watch the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day